Welcome to DNC.ca

DNC.ca is a free community for domain name owners, buyers and website developers. Once registered, you can list your domains for sale, post topics to other Canadian domainers and learn more about the domain industry. Take a moment and join Canada's best domain name forum. - Join Today!

Question Want a taken domain name

Hey guys! I am pretty stoked a site like this exists. Now I know a related question has been asked before but I still don't understand or know how to go on dealing with this situation.

Basically I really want this domain here (vicious.ca). I cannot buy it because somebody owns it, however there is nothing on the webpage its self. Now I assume someone just bought it to make money off of selling it? Because whoever owns it has done nothing with it. Now there is me, who really wants this name for my business.

I have looked up who owns the domain and emailed him but its been weeks and no response. I have googled the guys name and this is how I actually ended up on this forum. (thread here).

So my question is, do I have any chance of somehow getting this domain name? How do it? I have a good use for the name oppose to whoever owns it now.

Thanks!

Administrator CIRA Member

Have you tried making an offer in your email?
    Follow us on Twitter

I have looked up who owns the domain and emailed him
    I have asked him to make me an offer, i really need this domain.

Administrator CIRA Member

That's not how it works. You are not in a position to demand.

What at are you willing to pay? And have you made that offer to him?

if not, that's probably why you're not getting a response.
    Follow us on Twitter

CIRA Member

Hi P00nie, here is what I have learned..

People buy from people they like and trust

but then a few years later I realized the opposite was true too, that

People sell to people they like and trust. I wouldn't sell a valued asset to someone who would trash it, and friends usually get a better price too. SO if you Really want the domain, take the trip to where the guy lives, make a fair offer, present yourself professionally, be friendly and knowledgable and you are more likely to score a deal. never insult someone you want something from, like implying he has no good intentions for the domain. Selling a generic term domain for money without developing it is a valid practice and goal. everybody's goal is to make money and feed their kids. Developing domains into sustainable business plans is a complex and extraordinarily expensive process. The people who realize and register or buy "Awesome, Genius, Gem Quality" domain names are part of the intellectual process and property, and do not owe it to critics to do anything whatsoever to develop it in a way or timeline other than their own freewill and choice, with common generic term domains.

So be nice, be professional, make a fair offer

Sounds fair and square! Sorry I really didn't mean to come off demanding, we all want things but not always can have them
    Cheers for all you help guys!

CIRA Member

Good Luck. Keep the right attitude and you will have a good chance of getting what you want. Remember that most everything is for sale or trade in this world to the right buyer at the right price.