Welcome to DNC.ca

DNC.ca is a free community for domain name owners, buyers and website developers. Once registered, you can list your domains for sale, post topics to other Canadian domainers and learn more about the domain industry. Take a moment and join Canada's best domain name forum. - Join Today!

CIRA Member

CIRA 2016 Board Elections

The 2016 CIRA Board Elections "Show of Support" phase has started today. As I'm running for the single member selected board seat, I'd appreciate your show of support and later your vote. If you have a .CA domain and are a CIRA member you should have received your instructions for voting earlier today.

I'm running in order to represent the domain industry better on the board - there are only few board members with actual industry experience.

Thank you.

CIRA Member

Here's what you need to do to vote - taken from my campaign site.

What do you need to do in order to vote in the CIRA Election?

1. Check if you are a CIRA member – search by email address. You need to be eligible to have a .CA domain in order to become a CIRA member.
    2. If you are a member, go to step 8)
    3. If you are not a member – apply to become a member. You can only be a member once, either for yourself or as a representative for a company.
    4. Submit your application. You will need a piece of scanned ID (or business information), your domain name and some contact information. It’s easier to apply for a personal membership then as a business representative.
    5. You will receive a confirmation email from CIRA that your application was received.
    6. You should receive an approval email if there were no issues with your application.
    7. The voter’s list for the 2016 CIRA Board Elections closes on September 1st, 2016, so you will need to become a member before that in order to vote in this year’s election.
    8. On August 25th, 2016 (or before September 2nd if you just signed up) you should have received a “Show of Support” email from CIRA asking you to pick a candidate to support for the member elected slate. How you show support is described here.
    9. If you do not receive the email by September 2nd, contact election (at) cira.ca to get them to resend it.
    10. Online voting is open from 3 p.m. ET on September 22 until 3 p.m. ET on September 29, 2016. You should receive your voting access information at the beginning of this period.

To learn more about the CIRA Board Elections, visit their official site.

Administrator CIRA Member

Frank,

Just gave you support! Best of luck.
    Follow us on Twitter

CIRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by theinvestor View Post
    Frank,

Just gave you support! Best of luck.
    Thank you, appreciate it.

CIRA Member

Thank you to all of those who supported me. I've moved on to the actual election and am in the final member slate with 5 other members competing for the single seat.

The campaign forum opened today - you can participate & ask questions here:
    https://cira.ca/2016-campaign-forum/

I'll also be attending Canadians Connected (CIRA AGM) in Toronto on September 22nd for those of you who want to meet up.

CIRA Member

Voting in the CIRA board elections is open until September 29th.

Please vote for more industry expertise from the domain industry on the board

Administrator CIRA Member

Frank - you got my vote!
    Follow us on Twitter

CIRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by theinvestor View Post
    Frank - you got my vote!
    Thank you.