Welcome to DNC.ca

DNC.ca is a free community for domain name owners, buyers and website developers. Once registered, you can list your domains for sale, post topics to other Canadian domainers and learn more about the domain industry. Take a moment and join Canada's best domain name forum. - Join Today!

Question Closed Topics - they baffle me sometimes

I have owned many forum websites and sold a few over my time. My largest forum hand tens of thousands of members. Whenever my moderators closed a topic we posted and stated a reason why.

I am baffled sometimes on this forum why a topic is closed without explanation. That can alienate the author of the topic and even the members reading the posts.

My suggestion would be for the moderator to post underneath and explain why the topic was closed.

Just as a for instance.... I am completely baffled why this post by dancarl was closed
    http://www.dnc.ca/showthread.php?113...nt-Make-offers

I thought it was a valuable post on the forum with a multitude of great domain names for sale.

If a forum is moderated too aggressively it could cause a competitor to open a more loosely moderated alternative to the site. I had that happen in my early days and learned a lesson from it.

Hey Maple one, I have given up on DNC, very little has ever come from this forum other than networking and meeting on other forums, on via messaging. The only current news on a "domain" forum is about Trump or Joe Trudeau for seo purposes.

********************* is back up and running it by far has the biggest reach my post had 4 views here, 22 on namespros and 51 on *********************, and yet i have seen names for $3 or $5 on these forums get passed by only to be picked up on the Drop for much higher prices.

thanx for the support Mapleone.

Dan

do you know what they automatically block out??? try typing dn

forum in your post and hit enter

I can understand that, I did that in my previous forums as well because it got spammed by people wanting to advertise their competing sites. When a forum gets big everyone wants a piece of it. Its just like cnn wont report on fox unless its to their advantage.

Administrator CIRA Member

Maple,

That thread was closed by one of my main moderators that has been on the site for over 5 years!

We follow strict rules and we do not stray from them. It is very clear on the main forum what the rules are.

If someone is not able to follow the rules or chooses not to - the thread will be closed.

See below :

These are the rules for the Make Offer forum.

1. Please put the DOMAIN in title. Example: dncdotca, dnc.ca, dnc(.)ca - No Spaces.

2. No comments unless you are asking a valid question. This rule is meant as respect to the thread starter.

3. Only bump the thread once every 24 hours for a maximum of three times. If no offers received within a week you can just start a new thread or post a fixed price in the Fixed price forum.

4. This section is only for non .ca domains.
    Follow us on Twitter