Welcome to DNC.ca

DNC.ca is a free community for domain name owners, buyers and website developers. Once registered, you can list your domains for sale, post topics to other Canadian domainers and learn more about the domain industry. Take a moment and join Canada's best domain name forum. - Join Today!

Shopping Website

I was thinking for a big canadian shopping site

So you have shop.ca and then a competing site which says it sells more products.

Hence the shopmore(dot)ca.

HeHe, my ten year old boy told me to register that one.

What do you think?

Here is a really quick mock up idea

http://shopmore.ca
    Last edited by MapleOne; 04-24-2017 at 06:46 AM.

I find that with amazon and the other monster size companies that hasn't it all figured out with billions in financing, the only way for the small guy to start and be successful with an online shopping store is to target very specific niches and those would be best with domains that has the niche keywords in it. Maybe not but that's what I figure. Best of luck.

With brick and mortar stores closing at an alarming rate there is always room for another online site.

Look at shop.ca and well.ca.... two very good shopping sites targeted at Canada.

That said I do agree with your statement as well. Niche keywords, if chosen correctly can work very well.

HeHe, I wonder how I know that one....
    I probably sell more maple domains now than anyone in the world. People call me up and say whenever they type in Maple___ they get to me.

niche is a good way.

- SurfShop.ca
    -DiveGear.ca
    -KayakShop.ca
    -AirTools.ca
    -DiamondTools.ca

nice Canadian niche store ideas.... any takers lol?

with a broad store, you could find the top 10 products that are trending right now, do a one page funnel on that item and let that take them back to the store after purchase, that way your making $$ on the top trending products, and every purchase you get they end up on your stores home page after they check out.( build a broad niche store - but have targeted niche campaigns ) Make sure you add a coupon that they can use in the store on their next visit at the check out.

I think you could get a lot of traffic that way and still make money while building your brand?

I am working on a cpl now and they are all in a sub section of a huge niche, time will tell.

Dan

I bought it just for the domain, may hold on to it for a few years to see if anyone bites.