Welcome to DNC.ca

DNC.ca is a free community for domain name owners, buyers and website developers. Once registered, you can list your domains for sale, post topics to other Canadian domainers and learn more about the domain industry. Take a moment and join Canada's best domain name forum. - Join Today!

Samer Jouaneh CIRA Member

Is there something you want to see on DNC.CA?

If there is something you want to see on DNC.ca that is missing please make some suggestions.

I am open to any ideas to make the forum better for all.
    Follow us on Twitter

Maybe add some more sub-forums.

The "anything" section seems to be the default for a lot of stuff...

What sections would you like to see and is there something you want removed?
    Follow us on Twitter

Personally I am not a big fan of too many forums. I think a good board focuses on a topic at hand with just the required forums. The anything goes section is just that, a section where you can discuss anything not related to the topic of the board. Even the political section is not nercessary, it should just be part of the anything goes section.

I find that as soon as you get over 10 different forums it starts to get difficult to navigate and posts get lost. Keep things direct and to the point and the board will flourish.
    One of my fastest growing boards had three sections... topic at hand, for sale, and off topic. I was flabbergasted how fast this forum grew. I sold it for $25,000 after only three months on air. People loved it because it was direct and to the point and very easy to navigate.

So my official opinion..... I still think you have too many forums
    Last edited by MapleOne; 03-05-2012 at 01:35 PM.

Yeah, I don't care much politics and the sports updates. I was more referring to this section http://www.dnc.ca/forumdisplay.php?20-Anything and was thinking to better organize the auctions we find on external sites, the registrar offers, the reported sales, etc.

Or maybe some of the stuff in that section would have been better off posted in http://www.dnc.ca/forumdisplay.php?7-Domain-News

I figured the Politics/Humour/Sports/Anything Goes section would just be something people could post in if they were bored or wanted to get away from Domains. I could stop the posts happening there... or limit them to 1 a day for each?
    Follow us on Twitter

there is very little discussion on domaining in here.

CIRA Member

I think there is plenty of discussion on domaining and all the related topics, including development of .ca, sales, etc. The .ca market is not huge and I think this forum has filled a gap...I would try to consolidate some sections into subforums if you are not seeing the activity in those sections...I would also add and integrate other features such as auctions etc.

I would like to see a regged today section and a sold today section. That way everyone can ooh and aah.