Welcome to DNC.ca

DNC.ca is a free community for domain name owners, buyers and website developers. Once registered, you can list your domains for sale, post topics to other Canadian domainers and learn more about the domain industry. Take a moment and join Canada's best domain name forum. - Join Today!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    That's good to know. Do you use them TO Domainer

Yes and like it very much.
    Domaining Blog - Learn how to buy and sell reg fee domain names.

can't speak for all on the list, but hostgator/godaddy/yahoo Canadian - gimme a break

We recently had a post about fat cow. Not good things said.

Canadian companies don't have a good reputation for domain management or hosting!

Administrator CIRA Member

Yes, take that list with a grain of salt. I would not rely on any reviews in terms of hosting, a lot of times as well it really depends on what you are looking for. Most shared hosting sites will work for a site that barely gets any traffic, but if you start receiving hundreds to thousands of hits a day you may start experiencing problems.

I think the ultimate goal is to just find a dedicated hosting plan and stick to that. The only problem is the added expense of running the website.
    Follow us on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by CureCancer View Post
    Canadian companies don't have a good reputation for domain management or hosting!
    The problem is that while some "Canadian" hosting companies may be owned by someone in Canada, the servers may actually be in the US. The average joe may not realize or care though.

In these cases, if anything major goes wrong, they don't physically have access to the servers to fix anything, and have to rely on external datacentre staff.

Many smaller operators regardless of where they are use the same major datacentres for there servers.

Plus alot of smaller indy hosts you find on various forums may even just be cpanel resellers with even less control over the care of the servers.

Good point

CIRA Member

Not Canadian companies either. Most seem to be owned by EIG (who recently bought Hostgator for $225M)- coincidence? <sarcasm/>
    Obsolescence is just a lack of imagination.

Sign up at ASO with a 15% discount coupon (no2512) or $5 discount coupon (2152on).

If I had the money I would kick start a solid Domain Name Registrar + Hosting for CA