Welcome to DNC.ca

DNC.ca is a free community for domain name owners, buyers and website developers. Once registered, you can list your domains for sale, post topics to other Canadian domainers and learn more about the domain industry. Take a moment and join Canada's best domain name forum. - Join Today!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by domainhack View Post
    Very true. I have been looking for a good dedicated host, and I am struggling to find even 1 good one in Canada. There are plenty of good ones in the US
    There are many good hosting companies located in Canada and with servers located in Canada, pricing is competitive with US hosts.

All of the hosts mentioned in the list by the original poster are US companies.

I believe 4Goodhosting.com is considered as one of the top 10 best Canadian web host. They have been in IT industry for 11 years and I think they offer fast customer support compare to the hosts you have mentioned. Based on my experience, my site keeps running and loading smoothly.

Administrator CIRA Member

Check out one of our top advertisers HostUpon! Canadian based web hosting at a great price!
    Follow us on Twitter

You may also want to check out EDITED , which has been around since 2008 and offers no BS hosting at reasonable prices.

Interesting discussion.
    I use Hostpapa and have for over ten years and for the most part have been happy with the service. Tech support when I've needed it has always been good, both by email or phone. Pricing seems really good, though most of the shared hosting options are similar.
    I do admit that their head office is not in Canada, something I didn't realize when I started with them, but what I do like and require for my sites is that my sites are hosted on Canadian servers. (I run flagfox so I can see the little Canadian flag in the window on my sites.)
    Interestingly I did notice, again via flagfox, that this site dnc.ca is not hosted in Canada, but rather in Texas.
    I've seen this a lot. Anther host I was considering recently had their site covered in Canadian flags, bragged about all of their home grown Canadian hosting services but their site was hosted in San Francisco. For fun I clicked on their live chat icon and asked why this great Canadian hosting company was hosted in the States. They said "They'd get back to me..." Still waiting...Okay, cheap thrills, but I had fun.

Oh and Hostupon.ca, the ad at the top of the page, who's site I just went to because I am thinking about changing to a truly Canadian host if I can find one, is hosted on the same server as DNC.ca, in Texas...

So you are all right: Finding a true Canadian Host is difficult. And I think requiring some concessions, Head office location, Server location, support location etc.

EBurden,

HostUpon's website is hosted in US however all of the Canadian clients are placed on servers at the Data Centre in Toronto which is located at 151 Front Street. They are all placed with Canadian IP's and all of the support staff are from Toronto office.
    Follow us on Twitter

Looking for Hosting? Keep an eye out for our top advertisers. They will be having Black Friday Sales tomorrow!

With discounts as high as 50% off!
    Follow us on Twitter

Keep checking our top list for updates!
    Follow us on Twitter