Welcome to DNC.ca

DNC.ca is a free community for domain name owners, buyers and website developers. Once registered, you can list your domains for sale, post topics to other Canadian domainers and learn more about the domain industry. Take a moment and join Canada's best domain name forum. - Join Today!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

You know...that really hot place at the core of the planet
    I read this and contacted NamesPro.ca to see if their hosting was on servers located in Canada.
    They told me:
    We have hosting servers located in several cities in North America, including Toronto. Other locations include Seattle, Dallas and Houston.

If you would like to purchase a hosting package with us and ensure that the server is located in Toronto, please simply reply to this ticket after the hosting package is purchased.
    So if you get hosting with them you can request that it be hosted on a Canadian server and they will do it....and this is a really good Canadian company.
    Real character is doing the right thing when no one is watching
    Immortality is achieved by living a life worth remembering
    Please be sure brain is engaged before putting keyboard into gear

Just wanted to clarify that here at CanSpace, ALL of our servers are located in Canada, and your data will always be held within Canada. We have many large government clients that have this requirement, so we will never have data stored outside of Canadian borders.
    CanSpace Solutions (www.canspace.ca) - Canada's leading web hosting provider
    Lowest .ca domain name prices in Canada ($9.75/year!) | CIRA Certified

Administrator CIRA Member

Check out the number #1 web hosting company on our top 10 list Greengeeks!

Check out front page to also receive 20% discount!
    Follow us on Twitter

Administrator CIRA Member

On September 5th, Greengeeks is offering a Labour day web hosting special at killer rate of only 2.95/mo for 12 months.

Special rate is only valid for one day!
    Follow us on Twitter

Thanks Samir...I have had a reseller account with HG for many years but I see GreenGeeks has reseller as well so I am going to talk to them tomorrow as they offer quite a bit more bandwidth and web space for the same money as I pay at HG. I might pick up one of those 295ers as well.

Thanks for the heads up

Might also be useful to people to post the price after the first 12 months
    CanSpace Solutions (www.canspace.ca) - Canada's leading web hosting provider
    Lowest .ca domain name prices in Canada ($9.75/year!) | CIRA Certified

That is a good point CanSpace. And see if payment is CDN$ or US$

Quote Originally Posted by CanSpace View Post
    Just wanted to clarify that here at CanSpace, ALL of our servers are located in Canada, and your data will always be held within Canada. We have many large government clients that have this requirement, so we will never have data stored outside of Canadian borders.
    Just switched to Canspace and I am very pleased. I was with Lunarpages for over 10 years but they took away dns management from cPanel. They said it was a security issue but it was really them not patching cPanel.

CanSpace has every feature of cPanel turned on by default and their ticket system is quick and efficient. On lunar I waited 2 days on Canpages I wait about 2 hours if not less.

The $9.95 .ca domain registrations made me switch too because I was with hover at a higher price and the company charges in USD funds. Imagine, located in Toronto and for 10 years I have been paying in USD.

I combined my lunarpages hosting and hover domain registrations all at canspace. I could not be happier, their service has been top notch.

I am on the basic plan because I use very little bandwidth and storage. The only place I had an issue is I cannot park more than 10 domains without moving to the next plan. The next plan is very reasonable too but I barely use any resources of the basic plan so I contacted their customer service and Neil was very kind to respond to me and explain they sell the basic plan at cost.

So all in all an honest review from a happy customer of CanSpace. I have been on this forum a long time and I would not recommend them if I was not personally happy.

Lastly, I am a small business owner and I am very happy to support another 100% Canadian company.
    Last edited by MapleOne; 10-12-2016 at 06:48 PM.

Hey CanSpace...I left a phone message at 4:30pm (PST) Friday for your sales to call me back and didn't hear back.
    Are they around on weekends? ...or maybe closed if you are in the east?

Cheers,
    Jim

I might have to change my review of canspace.
    I spent $1,200 there this month and upgraded to the business package.

So here is the scoop....

I cannot change the whois on 80 domains without getting an error. I open a ticket and its been days and they cannot find a solution. They say they will update the whois for me and I receive twice as many confirmations as domains. I check and all domains are defaulted to canspace with no owner information. I try to change them again even one at a time and no confirmation email.

You know this sucks when a registrar cannot allow the owner control over his own domains. It's really unnerving seeing my domains with no owner data attached. Been happening for over 1 week now and if I don't get a solution in a couple of days I am gone. I was going to amalgamate all my services at canspace because of the Canadian connection but I never had these issues with hover or godaddy. It sucks I have to renew another year every time I move the domains, I wanted canspace to be my last stop!!!