Welcome to DNC.ca

DNC.ca is a free community for domain name owners, buyers and website developers. Once registered, you can list your domains for sale, post topics to other Canadian domainers and learn more about the domain industry. Take a moment and join Canada's best domain name forum. - Join Today!

Web Development and Domaining

Hello all,

The whole Domainer industry is interesting, I have made my mistakes as a newbie and I'll probably make a few more just hopefully its not for trademark infringement, this I am learning is important not to do.

I notice there are quite a few .ca's around still. Is now the time to buy up .ca names and develop? Do you guys think a name like drugprices dot ca will have value in ten years if I develop a basic site now? Or should I stick with non generic .com names such as SolarRim dot com and hope someone likes it down the road?

Can domaining and web development be a hobby, or is there too much to learn? I just want to make basic webpages that look sharp and learn how to generate traffic.

If there is someone with a tonne of knowledge who wouldn't mind a rookie asking them questions via PM from time to time let me know. I could use some kind of mentor.

Thanks and happy domaining!

Administrator CIRA Member

You can always feel free to ask me any questions. I am sure others will offer help as well.
    Follow us on Twitter