PDA

View Full Version : $100 Go Daddy Gift Card Contest!!

theinvestor
05-15-2011, 11:02 PM
It is a pleasure to announce that today May 16th, 2011 is the three month anniversary of the launch of dn*.ca. It has been a very successful quarter and we plan on continuing to grow this community for the development of Canada’s .CA extension.

We are starting a contest beginning today for the most referrals to *********.ca.
The details are below, please read CAREFULLY:

1) You must be a member of dn*.ca
2) You must have at least 1 post to participate
3) You must own a .CA domain
4) The member with the highest amount of referrals ending May 30th, 2011 at 12:00 pm Eastern Standard time will win the $100 Go Daddy Gift Card. There will also be rewards for 2nd and 3rd place finishers ($50 and $25 Go Daddy Gift Cards).

So, how will it work?

You can join the contest at any time. If you're currently not a member and you would like to participate you need to sign up, make a post and you will be entitled to participate (providing you own .ca domain). Each referral you make that signs up will be added to your referral count. You must POST each successful referral you made in this thread. Referrals can also participate in contest.

We will not tolerate any abuse of this contest. Having friends sign up is okay, but signing up with random emails is NOT. If we find out any abuse occurred during contest you will not be awarded any prize and no longer allowed to participate in future contests.

Please, always keep it professional. Do not spam users to join. This contest is meant to be fun and to let others know about our dn*.ca community.

theinvestor
05-19-2011, 09:07 AM
We can also track Referrals by whoever signs up and writes the user who referred them. It would be easier to post here though.

1st place $100 Godaddy.com Gift Card
2nd place $50 Godaddy.com Gift Card
3rd place $25 Godaddy.com Gift Card

If anyone ends up with a tie, we will split up the prizes.

Jen
05-20-2011, 01:24 PM
Use the 'tell a friend' link and spread the word...free stuff is always great. Lets go people, its time to compete! i sent my invites out this morning, :)

theinvestor
05-25-2011, 09:22 AM
Monday May 30th,2011 at 12:00 PM eastern is deadline.

theinvestor
05-28-2011, 10:26 PM
I will be randomly selecting 3 members on Monday and awarding them the gift cards as their was no turnout for referrals.

icehutrentals
05-29-2011, 08:33 AM
I refered my Uncle today, we'll see if he finds the time and inclination. I have personally found that second to SEO that brings free traffic, High Quality Business Cards are an excellent way to bring traffic and word of mouth. I do mine on my home printer. You can buy different types of sheets of business cards. I like the glossy on one side cards. I have different fishing pictures on the glossy side and my website and short statement on the flip side. I simply can't keep enough business cards in stock. I've given out thousands. People take them wherever I put them. I given stacks to friends, family, grocery stores, tackle shops. Never give out just one to a person.

theinvestor
05-30-2011, 10:03 AM
and the winners are...

$100 Godaddy.com Gift Card - iSinergy
$50 Godaddy.com Gift Card - ontariosportsmanblog.com
$25 Godaddy.com Gift Card - garyrcanuck

Please Private Message me with your email address, first and last name and i will be forwarding gift cards by email.

theinvestor
05-30-2011, 05:52 PM
Just noticed GoDaddy only issues gift cards in USD. This shouldn't make much of a difference.

I have went ahead and emailed ontariosportsmanblog.com's gift card. Please confirm when you receive it as it can take up to 24 hours.

The other two winners if you can just PM me. Congrats again to the winners!

icehutrentals
05-30-2011, 08:27 PM
I've received it, thank you very much. I will post how I spend it. If anyone has ideas for me let me know!

garyrcanuck
05-31-2011, 12:29 PM
I am richer now thanks to this great forum. Just received the $25 GoDaddy gift card. This will help with the renewal process which is the difficult part of domaining.

I must admit that I have been slacking off a bit on promoting this great forum for our dot ca's. I will change this and promote heavily the dot ca and this forum. Lets all give a big push in our advertising efforts, like we are the ones that will benefit.Send a link to this forum to all your friends and business contacts. Explain the dot ca to them, suggest that they sign up with this forum and ask them to please forward your email to their friends. More Canadians are using dot ca now for their searches, they want Canadian companies/products, they want Canadian content/news. let's promote, promote,promote .It is our business.

theinvestor
06-02-2011, 06:27 PM
All winners have now been sent the gift cards!

iSinergy please let me know when you receive $100 Godaddy Gift Card.

iSinergy
06-02-2011, 07:10 PM
Just received it! Thanks!!

icehutrentals
06-02-2011, 08:38 PM
So I went on a little shopping spree with my Gift Card and I still have $10 leftover. Here's what I got and what I plan on doing with them.

IceShanty.ca
Not sure yet. IceShanty.com is a great site.

LakeNipissing.info
Going to make an informational site on Lake Nipissing sponsored by my forum of course!

FishingLakeNipissing.ca
An informational site dedicated to fishing Nipissing sponsored by my forum as well as an SEO name.

IceHutRental.ca
I have longed plan on being an icefishing guide and renting huts. I'm good at it, and I now know Nipissing enough to actually do it and now I have a good domain to build a website on!

IceHutRental.com Protecting my .ca

I plan on building websites for these so stay tuned, I'll start a post when they go live probably at the end of the summer. I'd like to start small this winter and grow as I can. I have 2 icehuts to refurbish this summer, plus I have some portable huts for clients who want to stay mobile to find limits of fish more than socializing in big warm huts. Both kinds have advantages. Often fishing is about being with friends and family in which a nice big warm shack is better. Often as well we want to catch fish fry's and portables are the way to go. No Fish, just pick up and drill new holes. It is also easier landing big fish onto ice in a portable rather than through the floor in the Big Nice Huts.

EOD
06-02-2011, 08:43 PM
Congratulations dude, looks like money well spent :)

theinvestor
06-03-2011, 10:37 AM
Stay tuned, i will be launching another contest on our 6 month anniversary! Bigger and better!

iSinergy
06-03-2011, 11:22 AM
Alright ill show what i have purchased this far.

Zyb.ca (Going to be used for a short url domain for the time being, but i have plans to do a social media project with it.. using twitter and facebook)

Syx.vg (The most expensive out of the bunch.. long time in the wait, going to reopen my gaming / review website)

Aryx.ca (To replace my main domain "Nisne.ca" and all the baggage that comes with it from a previous business partner)

Speek.ca (Future project i wanted to secure the name)

Transfer of Nisne.org from MediaTemple (massive headache with them)

And i still got about $25 left..

Thanks again