PDA

View Full Version : AOL.ca - New look!

theinvestor
05-18-2011, 09:07 AM
We are thrilled to welcome you to our brand new homepage, designed to inform, entertain and connect you to what’s important every day. Our new design offers up more content on the page then ever before, brought to you by our team of AOL contributors here in Canada and across the globe.

The new AOL.ca brings you:

The news stories you need to know about – Canadian, U.S. and international
Stories and articles from The Huffington Post
Lots of video, including AOL Original videos like “You’ve Got”, featuring exclusive interviews with your favourite personalities
The stories everyone’s talking about in the Daily Buzz
A snapshot of the most popular stories and what's trending in search
Quick access to AOL Mail and AIM
We hope you love our new look and the great stories and features you find on the new AOL.ca!

Thank you for visiting AOL.ca – we hope to see you again soon!

http://www.aol.ca

icehutrentals
05-18-2011, 09:54 AM
Tilt! Nope don't like, in fact hate. Their overwhelming Sponsored search results are killing any chance they have. Type in a search, the organic results are at the bottom of the page. Back to basics you can make a site pretty but if the content is not there, I'll never return.

Organic search results can not be compromised by you, AOL. Shame on you Google for allowing your name to be spoiled.

canuck
05-19-2011, 11:12 PM
Wow... you are right. I did some searches, and on a number of them, I saw 6 sponsored ads visible with NO "real" search results visible unless I scrolled down.

If that isn't against Google's TOS, it SHOULD be.

To spend the resources on redesiging your site and asking people to come back, only to give them this kind of sh***y search experience...