PDA

View Full Version : Premiumbonds.ca

LEGEND
07-13-2016, 02:37 AM
http://www.investopedia.com/terms/p/premiumbond.asp

Somehow this was available for registration.

I think its got massive value in Canada.

dtagr
07-13-2016, 10:48 AM
I don't think so. If premium bonds are issued by the Government of Canada then they already have a domain name. Something stupid like "premiumbond.gc.ca/english".

I don't mean to rain on your parade, but who is the buyer?

It was available to reg for a reason. There are many better, saleable names in today's TBR.
Best of luck.

LEGEND
07-13-2016, 02:23 PM
I don't think so. If premium bonds are issued by the Government of Canada then they already have a domain name. Something stupid like "premiumbond.gc.ca/english".

I don't mean to rain on your parade, but who is the buyer?

It was available to reg for a reason. There are many better, saleable names in today's TBR.
Best of luck.

Premium bonds are mainly sold by financial institutions, and released by the government of Canada. There is no domain name for them, http://www.csb.gc.ca/products/the-canada-premium-bond/. The buyer could be any financial institution, credit union or trust looking to be known as the best seller of this specific kind of bond. I don't think you've done your homework. "It was available for reg for a reason" What kind of logic is that? I also registered Primebrokerage.ca because it was available...so is that worthless too? LOL. In addition to this the term Premium bonds has over 300k monthly searches.

dtagr
07-14-2016, 12:19 AM
Premium bonds are mainly sold by financial institutions, and released by the government of Canada. There is no domain name for them, http://www.csb.gc.ca/products/the-canada-premium-bond/. The buyer could be any financial institution, credit union or trust looking to be known as the best seller of this specific kind of bond. I don't think you've done your homework. "It was available for reg for a reason" What kind of logic is that? I also registered Primebrokerage.ca because it was available...so is that worthless too? LOL. In addition to this the term Premium bonds has over 300k monthly searches.

LOL "over 300k monthly searches!" Try 390.

That's all the homework I'm going to do for a free appraisal.
Again, best of luck.

LEGEND
07-14-2016, 03:05 AM
300K global monthly searches....either way you don't seem to understand the niche. In addition to this you seem to think that it being a fresh reg means it has no value which is illogical in my opinion. I also own another fresh reg, Primebrokerage.ca, its .com equivalent is owned by BNP Paribas, its got an even lower local monthly search..but its probably worth more than any of your .coms because its a niche service provided by all the elite banks in Canada. I want to point out that a. You assumed that there was already a domain registered by the government, when in fact none exists. b. You didn't realize that Premium Bonds has 2 meanings in Canada i.e sections 1 and 2 of the investopedia definition. c. Failed to realize that Premium bonds are sold by every bank in the country making your comment regarding "who is the buyer?" superfluous because the buyer could literally be any financial institution, bank, credit union or trust looking to protect their brand by purchasing generic finance related domains, like BNP Paribas or Bank of America too name a few, its not uncommon whatsoever.

Also I may have emphasized the global monthly searches but a high number in that category is generally a good thing. Regardless of this I believe;

1.Search stats can be important and can also mean nothing.
2.Domain age can be important and can also mean nothing.
3.CPC can be important and can also mean nothing.

Thanks for your opinion.