PDA

View Full Version : Billionaire.ca

Paxtor
06-25-2011, 10:11 AM
I picked this one in the TBR a month or two ago. I just noticed that Billionaire.com just sold for 250k ! I think this bodes well for me. :cool:

what do you all think about valuation?

wzhxvy
06-25-2011, 12:50 PM
I saw the same thing and was wondering who picked up in TBR...so you were the lucky guy. Congrats.

When I saw it in TBR, I thought it was a $100 to $200 domain. Based on the same above, might be worth 100K but it all depends on who bought the .com. The who is....is private and the site is still Parked. Once you find out, you can have a better sense of the value IMO.

theinvestor
06-25-2011, 03:25 PM
No way i would value this at 100K. Let's be honest here.. a name like this may sell for a lot in .com but i really don't see that happening for .CA.

If you want to say .CA would get at least 10% of .com, which some say that is usually the case. That would put that value at around 20K. Do i personally think you can get 20K for this name? I don't believe so.

This is the type of name that i think would only sell for a lot in .COM. You aren't going to see this name sell in other extensions for a lot of money. So not to knock the name down, i truly believe this would be the type of name that would go less than 10% of price of .com. Simply because of who may be purchasing this name. It doesn't really work well for a business name. It would seem it would be more for personal use.

A few questions i would be thinking of... Who was buyer for .com? How many Canadian Billionaires? Who would be interested to purchase the name in Canada?

All that being said i would appraise the name reseller between $500-1000

End user i would be looking at 10K.. anything higher and you should be very lucky! :) just my two cents. Nonetheless when i saw the sale on sedo, i also remembered .CA dropping and thought shame i didn't get it.

Paxtor
06-28-2011, 10:16 AM
100k would be nice :)