PDA

View Full Version : ontariodeer.ca and ontariobear.ca

icehutrentals
02-24-2011, 10:34 AM
Just purchased ontariodeer.ca and ontariobear.ca
I bought them to point to the subforum of each respective topic in ontariosportsmanblog.com
http://www.ontariodeer.ca
http://www.ontariobear.ca

I did some research and the keywords ontario deer and ontario bear get good
traffic on google. Do you think I should build each one their own homepage and then link to the forum OR simply forward them to the forum like I have set up right now?

websavers
02-25-2011, 05:32 PM
According to Google, ontario deer gets about 22 searches a month and ontario bear, under 10.

If you are looking to generate traffic from google for them your best bet is to put up a separate site, add some quality content - perhaps a couple articles about the topic, and build back-links to it.

If you just forward the domain to the site, it won't add any increase in traffic, as the site won't be indexed or ranked well in Google.

Hope that helps.

icehutrentals
02-25-2011, 07:10 PM
Where did you get your numbers from? Google traffic estimator says that

ontario deer gets 8100 global monthly searches and 6600 local(Canada)monthly searches

and

ontario bear gets 8100 global monthly searches and 5400 local searches.

I am thinking the same thing that I will build each domain its unique homepage but still have it an integral part of my forum.

canuck
02-25-2011, 07:49 PM
Websavers' numbers come from toggling exact match.

websavers
02-25-2011, 08:13 PM
Yeah if you are targeting specific keywords you are best to use the exact match to give you a better idea of how much traffic to expect if you rank well for those keywords.

Regardless, you can likely hit first page in a few weeks with some decent backlinking and good onsite SEO. Just make sure not to duplicate too much content if you are using the same layout for both pages or content from your forum.

And good luck!

icehutrentals
02-25-2011, 09:25 PM
Thanks for the insight. I don't think I am targeting that exact keyword phrase as it is unlikely to be typed in that way. Rather I hope to target searches related to any type of hunting in Ontario.

Ok, I will make sure to build original pages and content for each one. Thats easy. I do think I will have the layout the same so that users will know my domains that are related are feathers from the same bird.

Thanks!

icehutrentals
03-27-2011, 11:22 PM
OK, here is an update: Stats for the first 8 days of being live. I haven't paid a dime for any traffic but have put a lot of effort into the individual sites respectively along with the forum that they link to. Any thoughts or ideas to develop them further?

OntarioBear.ca 125 Visits 309 Pageviews 2.47 Pages/Visit 00:03:09 Avg. Time on Site 92.00% % New Visits
OntarioDeer.ca 134 Visits 327 Pageviews 2.44 Pages/Visit 00:03:24 Avg. Time on Site 83.58% % New Visits