PDA

View Full Version : TigerDomains.CA October Promotion!

theinvestor
10-02-2011, 03:40 PM
TigerDomains.CA is running a promotion for the month of October for new registrations of domains.

Register a domain for $12.50 and receive a $10 Tim Hortons Gift card! Up to a limit of FIVE (5).

That's $2.50 for a domain!

You don't drink Coffee or Tea? Don't go to Tim Hortons?

That's perfectly OK. TigerDomains is willing to send you CASH too up to $50.

Register 5 domains for $12.50 each and receive $50 in CASH by check.

That's FIVE domains for $2.50 each. Where else can you register a domain for $2.50?

Take advantage of this limited time offer!

Paxtor
10-02-2011, 05:06 PM
why cant i just register 5 for $2.50 each i wonder?

theinvestor
10-08-2011, 02:14 PM
Paxtor,

The offer is really meant to entice those webmasters who purchase domains for their company etc. Instead of their business receiving that $10 discount, they are instead receiving it. Many domains these days are being registered by Marketing departments at companies who are doing it to protect their business brand or launch specific promotions. This is a great way to register domains and get a nice rebate after. You won't find a cheaper registrar offering domains for $2.50 each.

TigerDomains will also be launching future promotions that will target domainers specifically. So stay tuned!

I have had a very postitive experience with them and appreciate the simplicity of their interface.

MapleOne
10-08-2011, 05:57 PM
Paxtor,

I have had a very postitive experience with them and appreciate the simplicity of their interface.

Simplicity is an understatement, if I had run across them without your referral I would have thought some kid put the website together in their bedroom.

theinvestor
10-08-2011, 06:05 PM
Have you tried them yet Frank?

I have had a lot of experience with many registrars and I can assure you there are ones out there that are a nightmare. I won't name names but sometimes it's better to be simple than complicated and overwhelming to a user.

MapleOne
10-08-2011, 06:28 PM
Since you recommend them I am sure they are a great registrar, but my first impression (when I first clicked the banner) was that the website looked unfinished and tossed up real fast. I am not knocking them at all but with so many people just reselling and putting up template sites this one could be misconstrued as just another hboby site.

I love smooth clean interfaces but if you remove the banner the site looks empty.

The search did not work for me on my macs firefox and there is no address on the contact tab.

Again, I am only providing constructive criticism, I like to know who I am dealing with other than just an email address.

The logo is top notch, the website just needs more content. Also if it is a one man show he should just say.... hey the best service, my name is ed and I will make sure you are looked after. No address or contact info always scares me away from doing business.

Look at this post only for what it is, the opinion of one guy who always looks at content, address and contact information before he does business. This site is missing all 3 of the things I personally look for. Again he is probably a great guy but had you not recommended him I would have skipped right over the site and dismissed it as someone just dabbling. HeHeHe, kinda like what I do.

theinvestor
10-08-2011, 06:57 PM
I have learned one thing about .CA registrars over the years. The process of becoming one is not easy. CIRA does it make it difficult and it takes a year just to go through the entire application process, in which not just anyone is approved. Your points are well taken though and I appreciate honesty. That's what we are all here for anyway... we need open, honest and straightforward constructive criticism to make sure .CA's keep their trustworthiness in this industry.

Jen
10-08-2011, 07:50 PM
I agree! Honesty is great...

I am looking forward to doing business in the future with TigerDomains because they were promoted on this site. I wanted to add a comment in regards to TigerDomains. A little tweak of the website wouldn't hurt but I absolutely love the name and when i saw the banner on this site, I thought it was really well done. Also, I have heard they have amazing support...which is really good for returning customers. I guess I will find out sooner or later when I register some names there.

canuck
10-09-2011, 01:20 AM
Yes, the site looks a little sparse. But I'm personally not so much concerned with the the look, but rather everything on the back end - from the stability of their network, to the quality of support, etc.

If the control panel can do what I need to do with a minimal amount of fuss, then I'm happy. Take GoDaddy for example I find them at times to be painfully slow - plus have you ever gone through the checkout process? They try upselling you every step of the way, you almost feel you have to be careful not to buy something extra by mistake.

I have not tried Tiger yet, but I may be willing to give them a shot.

braylac
10-11-2011, 02:10 PM
A great example of a successful .ca Registar is namepros.ca which has very minimal design to it and it is simple. Unlike Godaddy which is pretty big I know so many people who hate their site and also their checkout system it is always cluttered where as Netfirms another pretty large Registrar they started out small and they have been expanding ever since so I would have to say tigerdomains could be very success in the near future if they know how to promote it effectively and keep it simple. The thing that will make people keep returning is a simple, reliable, and fast website. but that is just my opinion...

MapleOne
10-11-2011, 02:18 PM
A great example of a successful .ca Registar is namepros.ca which has very minimal design to it and it is simple. Unlike Godaddy which is pretty big I know so many people who hate their site and also their checkout system it is always cluttered where as Netfirms another pretty large Registrar they started out small and they have been expanding ever since so I would have to say tigerdomains could be very success in the near future if they know how to promote it effectively and keep it simple. The thing that will make people keep returning is a simple, reliable, and fast website. but that is just my opinion...

OMG, they have .coms for under 8 bucks, I'm paying $15 right now. I just phoned Hover this morning and asked to register 300 names to see if I got a discount on .coms and the answer was no. I can get 10% with a coupon but thats about it.

Too bad namepro does not do .ca's!!

They have a great clean looking interface, but there is a difference in PLAIN and SPARSE. Plain or Clean is good but SPARSE is not, and I still find the TigerDomain interface too sparse for my liking.

theinvestor
10-11-2011, 04:20 PM
I would never feel comfortable putting all my domains at one registrar. Over the years I have accumulated names in TBR, so the domains are spread over about 10 different registrars.

I'd like to have about 3-4 registrars eventually that I will only use, but I am not comfortable with having all my domains in one place. I can tell you though that the most important thing to me is how reliable a registrar is. A domainer who has thousands of domains may see a big difference between say Godaddy and Namespro or even TigerDomains for that matter. Not everyone is looking for the same thing, or else there wouldn't be so many out there.

The key is to pick your target audience and make sure you get those loyal customers. I will always be open to trying out different registrars as I don't want to be missing anything. Maybe Hover will be next on my list, the only thing that scares me is the fact they want $15 to forward my domain.

BTW- Namespro.ca does do .CA's.

MapleOne
10-11-2011, 04:34 PM
Sorry, did not see .ca's on the site.

Hover has a 20 second support policy, I got through this morning and they ran a batch of over 300 names for me and did all the work and I talked to the VP personally. Does not get any better for me, it saved me hours of typing in, they made some custom reports and did all the registering for me.

If TigerDomains offers that type of service then you also found a good company, but like you said the good ones are few and far between.

PS. And NO I don't work for and have no affiliation with Hover, I just love the service I get.

theinvestor
10-11-2011, 04:39 PM
20 seconds? That is impressive...lol

I find the better the customer service (in most cases) the much higher the costs of the services. So, for me it's about having that medium because the price gets quite expensive yearly when you own hundreds or thousands of names.

canuck
10-11-2011, 04:40 PM
MapleOne, namespro.ca (http://namespro.ca) is the one being mentioned.

The one you might have visited by accident is namepros.ca which forwards to what appears to be a .com reseller site.

MapleOne
10-11-2011, 04:47 PM
MapleOne, namespro.ca (http://namespro.ca) is the one being mentioned.

The one you might have visited by accident is namepros.ca which forwards to what appears to be a .com reseller site.

By George you are right, just goes to show you need to protect your brand name. They should try to buy that domain, I'm sure the other company is benefiting from the typos.

MapleOne
10-11-2011, 04:48 PM
20 seconds? That is impressive...lol

I find the better the customer service (in most cases) the much higher the costs of the services. So, for me it's about having that medium because the price gets quite expensive yearly when you own hundreds or thousands of names.

It also helps that they are owned by Tucows and openSRS and they can draw on that staff.

canuck
10-11-2011, 04:56 PM
I just checked and the irony is that namepros.ca is actually registered at namespro.ca...

theinvestor
10-21-2011, 07:11 PM
TigerDomains is now offering a $10 rebate check to each domain registered. (up to 5)

The checks will all be sent out in the first week of November.

Paxtor
10-23-2011, 01:20 PM
i grabbed a few

Jen
10-23-2011, 02:49 PM
I took advantage of this deal too

MapleOne
10-23-2011, 06:44 PM
I, will be shopping in about 11 months to see who can give me the best deal on about 600 domain renewals. That is about the inventory bank I intend on maintaining.