PDA

View Full Version : MapleDomains.ca - Relaunched

MapleOne
10-13-2011, 09:13 PM
Critique please for my new re-launched website...

www.MapleDomains.ca

Warning... I am thinking of changing the name to M####Dots (M####Dots.ca & M####Dots.com)

Who thinks I should change to M####Dots?

Lets hear Yes and No Please

theinvestor
10-13-2011, 09:29 PM
No, I like MapleDomains better :)

MapleOne
10-13-2011, 09:36 PM
Thanks, what do you think of the Canada flag look, that one just came to me.

theinvestor
10-13-2011, 10:52 PM
I like it.. very canadian feel.

MapleOne
10-13-2011, 10:55 PM
Thank you, part two of the site is coming in a few days, it will list all the...

_ _ Canada.ca & _ _ Canada.com

I have so many of the domains that making the list is taking forever. :p

theinvestor
10-14-2011, 04:17 PM
I like how you put individual links with each domain having their own page.

MapleOne
10-14-2011, 04:39 PM
I make the occasional webpage and I think I'm pretty good at it for self taught.

Where is the pat yourself on the back emoticon? :D

theinvestor
10-14-2011, 04:57 PM
It's a very good feeling to be able to develop your own website. Knowing that you can do it yourself is quite a good feeling.

It's quite the bonus when it looks good too. :)

canuck
10-14-2011, 07:28 PM
Yes, I also prefer mapledomains over mapledots. Not everyone would immediately equate "dots" with domains.

icehutrentals
10-14-2011, 11:38 PM
I agree with everyone, mapledomains.ca is far superior. I love designing my webpages, in fact tomorrow is supposed to be a rainy day all day, and although I'd like to be out hunting or cutting wood, if it's raining I think I am going to sit down and finish a very important website of mine that needs to be up asap for this winter. In fact I think it is important to know xhtml, so your websites get launched when you want, not when you have the money or when your lazy web designer gets his ass in gear.

MapleOne
10-16-2011, 08:22 PM
I agree with everyone, mapledomains.ca is far superior. I love designing my webpages, in fact tomorrow is supposed to be a rainy day all day, and although I'd like to be out hunting or cutting wood, if it's raining I think I am going to sit down and finish a very important website of mine that needs to be up asap for this winter. In fact I think it is important to know xhtml, so your websites get launched when you want, not when you have the money or when your lazy web designer gets his ass in gear.

I know what you mean, I'm a fussbucket and I have been fussing over every link for a few days now. So as of TODAY I think all the links are in the proper places and everything stays put as you navigate from page to page. In other words all the headers line up on every page and just the content moves. Pretty good considering I do most of the stuff freehand.

Constructive advise please... Anyone?

canuck
10-16-2011, 09:15 PM
Use a contact form, or display your email address in a manner that cannot be parsed by bots, otherwise your inbox is going to get flooded with spam.

MapleOne
10-16-2011, 09:29 PM
Thanks, that's good advise but I use forward all mail to my Yahoo account which I have had for years. My filters and spam setting are so refined that I cannot remember getting spam. Mind you my spam box get hundreds and hundreds but that is irrelevant as long as they are filtered out.