PDA

View Full Version : developed sites?

rob
11-21-2011, 02:38 AM
Does anyone have any developed sites they'd like to show off? I'm just curious to see if anyone here is doing any of that and having any success.

MapleOne
11-21-2011, 09:49 AM
The MNM.ca site in my sig is how I make my living and may I add that we are very successful at it.

The MapleDomain.ca site in my sig is a new site and although I have dabbled in domain names for years, this is the first time I actually tossed up a site for it.

I am currently starting negotiating with wind for the use of MapleOne.com and I'm trying to market www.mapledomains.ca/mapleone to the cell phone carriers.

MapleOne
11-21-2011, 09:53 AM
Rob, while I have your attention, could you comment on this for me please...

http://www.dnc.ca/showthread.php?2587-M####Dots.ca-amp-M####Dots.com

rob
11-22-2011, 03:02 AM
Rob, while I have your attention, could you comment on this for me please...

http://www.dnc.ca/showthread.php?2587-MapleDots.ca-amp-MapleDots.com

done

rob
11-22-2011, 03:11 AM
The MNM.ca site in my sig is how I make my living and may I add that we are very successful at it.

The MapleDomain.ca site in my sig is a new site and although I have dabbled in domain names for years, this is the first time I actually tossed up a site for it.

I am currently starting negotiating with wind for the use of MapleOne.com and I'm trying to market www.mapledomains.ca/mapleone to the cell phone carriers.

MNM - awesome, I assume its 100% brick and mortar and not the online businesses I was expecting/hoping to see, but great none-the-less. This is the type of thing that people often research quite a bit first, so having a good and informative site must be a very important marketing tool for your business.

Wind - are you cold calling companies to pitch your domains? Or did they come to you?

MapleOne
11-22-2011, 07:21 AM
I have a friend that works there and he mentioned it for me and I have a meeting coming to pitch my idea. The MapleOne network is a unique name because the phone companies cannot say they are the largest or the best anymore. Now they can just say "Join us on the MapleOne Network" and it simply implies Canada, Big, Number One. It's an awesome pitch and I hope to procure more meetings as soon as I have one under my belt. It will add credibility and I hope to pitch to all the carriers and have the group of 4 MapleOne domains go to the company willing to develop the network.

I will be hiring a lawyer and a marketing company as soon as I have had at least one sit down with a carrier. So the MapleOne domain will be all virtual and hopefully someone will see the value. I put up a special page at www.MapleDomains.ca/mapleone and I am currently sending that address to another 4 execs. Hopefully something comes of that. I know the idea is sound, I just need 1 carrier to come aboard.

rob
11-22-2011, 06:27 PM
pitching ideas is a tough business. big companies are painfully slow to get anything accomplished, too many layers of approvals and funding, the timing has to be right, especially for a branding campaign like that. I can only imagine how many pitches it takes to get the right idea in front of the right guy at the right time.... and even when you do, it can fall through anyways because of some unforeseen issue... like the guy who backed your pitch gets fired, moved, or takes another job, or funding gets cut, or funding runs out for this fiscal year and they tell you maybe next year, etc, etc.... So I don't want to discourage you, just be careful on the spending money part, it goes fast and you'll have to recoup that cost eventually, which affects the revenues you have to bring in, which might make it harder to close a deal, etc, etc... So go it alone as long as you can, don't spend the money unless you're sure its necessary.

MapleOne
11-22-2011, 06:42 PM
Good sound advise but right now I have an inside way in so at least one presentation is warranted so I can gauge a reaction.