PDA

View Full Version : Please Appraise my one word domain: Translates.Ca

ksinclair
03-15-2012, 06:28 PM
Hi,

I am not an expert on .Ca domains, so I seek some input.

What is the value of: Translates.Ca

I do not know the traffic; the domain is forwarded. Have
any domains sold recently that are similar to this one?

Your thoughts are appreciated.

- Kevin

canuck
03-15-2012, 06:36 PM
Firstly, welcome to the forum!

If it was without the s, it would be a killer domain name. With the s, to be honest, it wouldn't make it into my personal backorder list.

I just looked at Google keyword search and the difference between the two is staggering, granted the majority of searches for translate is probably for the Google translate tool.

I just looked at translates.com and it's being used by a Spanish translator so I guess that kinda works.... TranslateS....

domainhack
03-15-2012, 06:42 PM
tbh the name sounds akward. Translate.ca would be the X,XXX Translates.ca would be high XX max IMO
Arkacia.com, is that your website?

ksinclair
03-15-2012, 06:55 PM
Yes, Arkacia is mine. I bought Translates.Ca because my girlfriend does Spanish Translation. We have not done anything with it. I might sell it since I am trying to simplify my overall domain management, reduce # registrars, etc. Is Dnc.Ca the best place to try? Or Godaddy auctions perhaps? Sedo?

domainhack
03-15-2012, 07:04 PM
Yes, Arkacia is mine.

So you once owned creditcards.com, computer.com, smoking.com. That's pretty impressive if true.

ksinclair
03-15-2012, 07:21 PM
I owned Computer.com; my first domain. It went into a startup, where I had a share; it stumbled in the bubble of the late 90's and was acquired. I had a (small) share of CreditCards.com, it was acquired. Smoking.com was a funded startup. 1800Coffees was another startup, that gold sold to Kraft Foods. I had a few stumbles after that. :(

ksinclair
03-15-2012, 07:32 PM
I would sell it for $450 if someone wanted it. What is the best forum to use here on Dnc.Ca?

Kevin

theinvestor
03-15-2012, 07:49 PM
You can list it under Make offer or Fixed price. Welcome to DNC.ca btw!

ksinclair
03-16-2012, 12:44 AM
Thanks!