PDA

View Full Version : iPhone/Android App

theinvestor
04-27-2011, 11:03 AM
Vbulletin has launched new software where you can have an app for your iphone/android.

So my question is this, how many are interested in this app? How many have iPhone or Android?

Either way, i will be doing this in the future but i would like to know the interest today to see if members will benefit from the app right away.

If any of you already have an iPhone and accessed dn*.ca through it you will notice it is very smooth and fast on it and runs very well.

Let me know what you guys think and i can get this done within the weeks to come!

wzhxvy
04-27-2011, 12:30 PM
ok so what is the advantage of this app ? I use my BB and I have to say, the site works well on that...I even get pop up message for PMs on my BB which is cool. But in general, difficult question to answer if you dont know what the features are. And I have used it on an iphone, and yes looks good.

theinvestor
04-27-2011, 12:45 PM
The advantage is you don't have to type in the address, you just download the app and it is always there on your phone for easy use. You can do everything that you would be able to do while using your computer basically. I would imagine it would look much nicer than on your browser on your phone.

Jen
05-06-2011, 05:08 PM
So here is my thing ... I never use my computer to access dn*.ca! I have an iPhone specifically for the reason that i am never home. The site looks amazing on my hand-held ... And the expansion methods are so quick and easy.

Here is where the app might come into play! I often use my phone at the gym and at work! If the app would expand the page vertically rather than horizontally ( basically fit my screen ) allowing me to be able to read while doing some laps ... The app is all I would use.

Just my two cents!

icehutrentals
05-06-2011, 05:34 PM
I am interested in it for my own forum! IF it will allow my users to take pictures and post from the field/lake then it would be good. If I would be able to do so without this app, then their better be some other compelling reason. I don't have a cell phone as there is no good reception here. It is a small miracle I have high speed internet!

Twister
05-06-2011, 07:57 PM
I personally don't see a benefit ... those three letters are killer to type ... time is money.

theinvestor
05-07-2011, 10:27 AM
I personally don't see a benefit ... those three letters are killer to type ... time is money.

I'm not sure what you mean. The direct benefit is you can be on the go and using dn*. Anyways, looks like not much interest now but i will do it in the near future.

theinvestor
05-12-2011, 01:55 PM
I am interested in it for my own forum! IF it will allow my users to take pictures and post from the field/lake then it would be good. If I would be able to do so without this app, then their better be some other compelling reason. I don't have a cell phone as there is no good reception here. It is a small miracle I have high speed internet!

The nice thing is you can take a picture with your phone and upload it right away using the app. So this in itself is quite a nice feature.

icehutrentals
05-12-2011, 02:59 PM
I plan on it then, that feature is very important. I guess I will need to buy my self an iphone and/or blackberry too.

theinvestor
05-12-2011, 03:07 PM
You can only set up the app on iphone/android for now. I will be doing it soon as well.

Twister
05-16-2011, 07:37 PM
I'm not sure what you mean. The direct benefit is you can be on the go and using dn*.

All phones whether a blackberry or iphone or the hundreds of other brands available have a built in internet browser ... so I don't see a benefit in wasting money to create an app ... where the only benefit would be to save a few seconds for loading.

Jen
06-23-2011, 06:46 AM
Interested to see if this was set up yet, i went looking for it in the app store but nothing came up for dn*

theinvestor
06-23-2011, 10:08 PM
not yet, it is easy to set up but unfortunately i want it to be customized so i need to find someone capable of doing that

theinvestor
07-05-2011, 10:24 AM
I have decided to go ahead and start working on the iPhone/Android Apps. It looks like cost increased to $200 + $99 yearly fee.

A few things for people to know. I will have to update software. (hopefully this goes smoothly).

I will make an announcement when both apps are complete and ready to go!

Jen
07-08-2011, 04:45 PM
I meant to mention though, the app should be free for customers. No one wants to use an app that costs money, unless of course you have a jail-broken phone. I dont think we should be supporting the scumbag money grabbers out there that peddle for pennies and offer crappy applications that don't do what we want them to!

We want people to join dn*.ca, come back often and enjoy using the app because it makes their life EASIER and more convenient.

theinvestor
07-08-2011, 05:27 PM
They will be free.

theinvestor
09-13-2011, 06:15 PM
Just an FYI, I put this on hold for the time being.