Welcome to DNC.ca

DNC.ca is a free community for domain name owners, buyers and website developers. Once registered, you can list your domains for sale, post topics to other Canadian domainers and learn more about the domain industry. Take a moment and join Canada's best domain name forum. - Join Today!

Administrator CIRA Member

Best 10 Canadian Web Hosts - 2013

These are the best 10 Canadian Web hosts as of 2013.

1. GreenGeeks
    2. HostGator
    3. iPage
    4. Netfirms
    5. HostPapa
    6. 1&1
    7. BlueHost
    8. FatCow
    9. JustHost
    10. GoDaddy
    Follow us on Twitter

You know...that really hot place at the core of the planet
    I haven't heard of many of them.
    I have used HostGator for my reseller account for 5 or 6 years now and have only good things to say about them. (I don't actually resell any of my hosting....I just like to be able to set up and close my own domain(s) hosting on the fly)

my 2cents

j
    Real character is doing the right thing when no one is watching
    Immortality is achieved by living a life worth remembering
    Please be sure brain is engaged before putting keyboard into gear

I use Hostgator as well. I don't resell but since I develop a lot of domains, I use their reseller package. Have nothing but good things to say about them. Great support.
    PEIAdventures.com coming soon!

Cool My expierience

Check Forbes GoDaddy report.
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/kellycla...daddy-and-how/

I was a NetFirm customer for over a year and never got any understandable support to build a site.
    The software package they supplied was awkward and confusing.
    The Domain site I had registered melacare.com is now up for auction at over $4000

I tried for a year to transfer this domain to Costco without much support from Costco and gave up on them.

I would really like to find a host that is simple easy and I feel I could trust.

Looking at ratings iPage is now at the top of my list.
    Last edited by Jon; 03-30-2013 at 09:39 AM. Reason: add info

let us know what you end up choosing. i have had a bad experience with Netfirms also

Out of curiosity where is this list coming from - is it a subjective list? As we mentioned in the other thread, in addition to a host simply saying they are Canadian, their servers ideally need to be located inside Canada for you to get all the advantages of hosting with a Canadian host.
    CanSpace Solutions (www.canspace.ca) - Canada's leading web hosting provider
    Lowest .ca domain name prices in Canada ($9.75/year!) | CIRA Certified